Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Running Zebras

This 6 x 6 fat page is serving 2 purposes. I am entering it into the December Beeswax sketch challenge and a club swap. You can see the sketch here -- http://rubberstampchat.net/showthread.php?t=4181. I used the batik technique for the background.

Batik instructions --

Use white tissue paper and stamp a background stamp or random stamp all over the paper using clear Versa Mark ink.  Sprinkle clear embossing powder over the stamped images and heat. I used 3 colors of color wash and sprayed over the tissue paper -- Butterscotch, Terracotta, and Lettuce. I then placed an old towel on my ironing board, then cream card stock, the sprayed tissue paper, and newsprint and ironed over the layers on medium heat. The tissue paper stuck to the cream card stock to give it stability to glue to my brown piece.

2 comments:

Kate said...

This looks fantastic! I've never tried anything like this - so thanks for the instructions too. I just love the look and the zebra image is perfect with this!!

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Really effective. Love the texture

Blog Archive