Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Show Some Metal

At Simon Says Stamp and Show this week for the challenge is to show some metal. I haven't worked with copper mesh in a long time, but I love the look. My flower and dragonflies on this card were made by heating copper mesh with a heat gun and using outline stickers on it and then cutting them out. The background on my card was made by stamping the writing background stamp in black and embossing with clear embossing powder. I then brushed several colors of Brilliance ink over this and wiped off the excess ink. I stamped swirls on the right and top of the card. You can see the challenge by clicking here -- http://simonsaysstampandshow.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like this card. I love all the details that went into creating this. The outline sticker and mess combination is beautiful. April are you using one of my old fav, Dazzles?

Carolyn said...

Stunning!

Lori said...

Gorgeous! I love those flowers, the copper mesh with the gold outline stickers is just awesome! Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

Barb said...

A lovely card, thanks for sharing. I saw it on the Simon Says Stamp challenge page and just had to come over and peek. blessings~barb

Kate said...

I've never used copper mesh before. It sounds like a lot of work but looks well worth the effort. What a lovely, lovely card!

Blog Archive