Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Yellow, Orange, Teal Plus Flower Tutorial


Cat's Pajamas has a challenge this week using the colors yellow, orange and teal. Here is my card using these colors. I did paper piecing on the cat's hat. I made these flowers awhile back and had one with perfect colors to use on this card. You can see the challenge here -- http://dancinginpajamas.blogspot.com/. These flowers are easy and fun to make. First punch or die cut a scallop with 14 scallops from a solid piece of card stock. Punch or cut another scallop ( the same size ) out of patterned paper to coordinate with the solid card stock. Lay the patterned paper on a cutting mat.  Glue a larger button to the center. Take an exato knife and cut a small triangle from every two humps towards the button. Do not cut off the triangle pieces. When all are cut, turn the paper over and add a glue dot and stick it over the solid color scallop, matching the scallops.  Pull the pieces up over the button and secure with a large glue dot. Then glue down the rest of the patterned paper. Add a smaller button to the top of the larger button. You can see a close-up of the flower in my first picture.

3 comments:

Olena said...

Very cute card! Love it! Olena

Kate said...

What a great card - and a clever idea for a flower! I've not seen that done before either. How wonderful that you'd already created a matching flower. It is perfect with the card and looks like it was made especially for the it!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Fun and great colors.

Blog Archive