Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Stacey's Stamps



I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe Memorial Day weekend. The past few days I have spent working with some new stamps and dies. I just wanted to play and not do any challenges! I used my Grand Nestibilities die behind the baby lion. Isn't he the cutest? I used some card stock that I had in my stash where I had dabbed green, brown and yellow acrylic paint on it. For the log look at the bottom I ran some brown card stock through a Tim Holtz tree bark folder and enhanced it with darker brown ink. Then I cut it with my Grand Nestibilities die and cut it to fit the bottom. The ferns and lion are from a Stacey's Stamp set.

A few weeks ago I took a Stacey's class with some of my stamping friends at Scrapbook Creations. We learned to make these pansies using a Stacey's stamp set. You stamp the pansies on 2 different colors of card stock, cut them on each side to the middle and interlock them.  This bunny from Stacey is so cute too. I made a tag to pull up out of the "pocket".

4 comments:

Olena said...

So cute card! Great job, April! Olena

Shirley said...

They are both really cute! Love your new dies and your little animals are so precious!!

Donna C. said...

I really love this. So vibrant!

Kate said...

These are terrific! Those pansies are amazing and sound so simple to make. What an amazing look though!

Blog Archive