Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Hot Glue Outline Technique

I saw this technique on the Two peas in a Bucket board. Thanks, Anne, for the neat technique! Here is what you will need.

1. several colors of acrylic paint plus white
2. medium ans small paint brush
3. large outline stamp, flower, butterfly, etc.
4. metallic acrylic paint
5. several small solid stamps
6. watercolor paper
7. black permanent ink
8. hot glue gun


Stamp your large outline stamp several times onto your watercolor paper using your black permanent ink. Outline your images using the hot glue gun. I have a low heat gun that is for children. This worked very well. Now paint your images with acrylic paints making strokes. You don't have to blend well. Then paint the back ground the same way. Let dry and then go back over all your painting using white acrylic paint and let the brush strokes show. Paint the hot glue outlines with your metallic color using a small brush.  Now stamp your smaller stamps using acrylic paint to stamp various places on your piece. Attach this piece to a card base and you are done! I hope you like this and will try it! The first picture are of some pieces that i made and the second is a finished card from one of the pieces.


No comments:

Blog Archive