Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Shabby Chic


When I saw that the challenge at Just Rite was Shabby Chic it reminded me of a layered paint look technique that I did a long time ago. I used this for my background on this card. I stamped the saying from the Butterfly Garden set lightly, in a light brown color, several times. I then used a foam brush and brushed a light coating of Elmer's glue here and there over the background. I sponged pink, sage, and lavender Distress inks over this and then wiped off the excess ink. This looks like paint has been peeled off. The other images are form the Butterfly Garden set also. I enjoyed this challenge. I love the shabby chic look, but I find it hard for me to master it. You can click this link to take you to the challenge. http://justritestampers.typepad.com/

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Fascinating background technique that really sets off your card. I'm going to have to try it! Lots of detail in your card thatI like.

Blog Archive