Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, January 28, 2013

Technique Tuesday -- Painting with an Acrylic Block


Hi Everyone! Welcome to Technique Tuesday at Sparkle N Sprinkle.  I hope you are having a good day. I want to show you a quick and easy background that you can make for your cards.  On this card I have used my  background a little differently.


Supplies :
  1. white or cream card stock
  2. several colors of water based markers
  3. small acrylic block
  4. water spritzer

Brush your marker onto the acrylic block and spritz the block with water.



Now sit the block with the wet side down on your card stock and let it sit a second or two and then swipe it across the card stock.



Keep doing this with different colors until you have filled the whole card stock piece with color.  It won't look like much, but when used as a background, it looks neat. This technique gives a little more distinct coloring than just using a water brush to brush on the color.


Here are some other backgrounds I made this way.


I demoed this technique at my stamp club meeting and one of the ladies combined several colors on her block at a time and the background turned out great! So you might want to experiment with that also.
As you can see, I cut a shape out of my background and stamped all the sayings from the Fancy Butterflies set 437onto the shape with Memento Rich Cocoa ink 99613. I stamped a butterfly from the Brocade Backgrounds 398set and used an exato knife to cut the top wings so that they pop up. I punched flowers out of the rest of the background and used Champagne glitter G1045 on the edges of the petals.



Thanks for stopping by! I hope you will try making this background. Have a wonderful day!

April

4 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

I love it April! Thanks for sharing, will definitely be giving it a go!

Anne Temple said...

This is fantastic! Love how you stamped the butterfly after creating the background.

Brenda said...

Gorgeous - I think my stamp club would love this technique too

E. Marie said...

This really came out gorgeous!! Love it.

Blog Archive