Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Distress Embossing

Hi Everyone! Welcome to my blog. I have had so much fun playing with techniques these last few months. I still have more to show, old and new! Here is a new one I tried recently that I saw online. I am calling it Distress Embossing. I also got to use my new bird stamp from Ranger on this card too!



Here are supplies you will need:

colored card stock
embossing folder
embossing powder -- I used gold on this
Versa Mark ink pad
heat tool
sanding block


I used a die and cut from green card stock. You do not have to do this. You can use a whole front of a card if you want. Take the Versa Mark ink pad and pat is all over the card stock.



Now add the embossing powder all over the card stock and shake off excess.




The card stock will look like this.




Apply heat with the heat tool to melt the embossing powder and it will look shiny like this.




Run this through an embossing folder.




Now take the sanding block and rub it over the raised areas on the card stock. The colored card stock will show through and give it a distressed look.




Here are some more I made using silver and white embossing powders and colored card stock. There are many combinations. I hope you have fun playing! Have a great day!









3 comments:

Pamellia said...

Beautiful card April and I am loving the technique you used on your oval panel!! A great backdrop for your sweet bird and pretty flower! :)

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a nice technique! I really love the butterfly one you have not used yet. The look of your finished card is really neat in the subdued colors.

Donna Ellis said...

How darling! Thank you for showing these techniques so well, April. I look forward to your blog posts because they jog my memory of long-forgotten and wonderful techniques. You really update them! hugs, de

Blog Archive