Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

When I Consider The Heavens

Hi and welcome to my blog. I am so happy to be a guest designer this month at Word Art Wednesday! I have so enjoyed making my cards. What a wonderful scripture for this challenge. After looking at the vast universe that God has made, what is mankind that He would care for us? Aren't we glad that God is also a personal God and that he loves us?

Awhile back I saw a photo of a lone tree against a purple and orange sunset. It was so striking, so I decided to replicate it on this card. I thought it would showcase this verse very well.





First I printed the verse on cream card stock. I blended Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge, Worn Lipstick and Seedless Preserves Distress inks to make the sunset. I then finished it off with Black Soot Distress ink. I used a white pigment ink pen to make the stars. The die is the Spellbinders Flourish Trim die that I cut from cream card stock.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful and blessed day!




2 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a breathtaking sunset! Thanks for listing the colors you used, I may need to try this sometime. I wonder if it is the addition of the black soot that gives this so much drama.

Sue said...

April, what a gorgeous card, the background is so beautiful, and the verse is lovely. That die is to die for!!!

Hugs
Sue

Blog Archive