Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Butterfly Flurry

Hi and welcome to my blog. I hope you are having a good day. I found a butterfly in my image stash that I had stamped onto acetate and colored with alcohol inks. I wanted to make a card with it and I decided to make the card into a butterfly shape as well.




I used teal patterned paper and cut out the butterfly shape using the Spellbinder nested butterfly die. I then used cream card stock and cut with the Spellbinders Crisscross die. Next I cut out the butterfly again from the Crisscross die to lay it over the butterfly. I took my Magic Matter tool to make a bigger shaped butterfly card base. I attached the teal crisscross layer onto the cream card base just in the middle so that it pops up a little. You can see it here in the next picture.




I curled the butterfly by using my heat gun. Wire was added for the antennas. I used cream seam binding to make the bow and then added the butterfly on top. Pearls were added to the butterfly's middle and crisscross pattern.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a blessed day!

Challenges entered:

Butterfly Challenge: L is for Layers + Color Cream
Dies R Us:  Shaped Cards + Dies


8 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Gorgeous creation April! Love the use of the crisscross die. Your acetate butterfly is so pretty.

Darlene said...

Oh April this is just beautiful!!! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Shaped card/project’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Sherri said...

This is just gorgeous! LOVE the way you made the butterfly shape into your card & that top butterfly is beautiful! Great design!! Thanks for joining our "Shaped card/project" challenge at Dies R Us!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow that is just totally amazing, I love the layering you did on the butterfly, great idea for a shaped card and love the acetate butterfly, neat antenna and pearls added to it!

Mrs A. said...

I love all your cutting and layering that has gone into making this great shaped card. Certainly has the wow factor. Such a pretty colour combination too. Thank you for fluttering into the butterfly garden. Hugs Mrs A.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow! Brilliant shaped card, and love your acetate butterfly!
Thanks for entering in the Butterfly Challenge#79!

Samra said...

Stunning work! Thank you for joining Scrapy Land challenge.
Samra DT
Paper Talk with Samra

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Blog Archive