Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Bits and Bobs #14

Hi! I hope you are having a good day. I have been rummaging through my stamping stash again and I came across a bagful of old baby wipes I kept where I had wiped off inks from stamps and projects. The background of this card is one of those baby wipes! I like the background because the baby wipe has some texture to it too.




I found this giraffe image in my stash as well. I used black embossing powder in the giraffe and then used the bleach technique to lighten the image. I cut it out using a Gina Marie Stitched Oval Die. I went around the stitching with a black marker. The punched ferns, cord and wooden butterflies are all old things from my stash. I remember buying a bag of wooden embellishments from a wood working store in the mountains many years ago.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope your day is wonderful!

Challenges entered:

heARTful Challenge:  Heat Embossing + Stamp



3 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Very cool card. Love the "primitive" look of it all. The wipes background is awesome. Great texture!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow I have never thought about saving my baby wipes, that made a perfect background for your giraffe, that is so cool!

Chris F said...

Don't you love salvaging old saved pieces?! I feel so good and I can hardly believe this is an old wipe. Thanks for joining us over at heARTful stamping challenge this week - please visit again!

Blog Archive