Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Monday, July 31, 2017

Warm Thoughts

Hi! Today I want to show you a fun summer card I made. The theme for the challenge over at Just For Fun is Hot Hot Hot. I hope you join in and you might even win a gift certificate to the store. I made this card thinking about the sun since the total solar eclipse is coming on August 21st. In our area the eclipse can be seen 100% they say!


I started this card by patting three colors of Distress inks on my craft mat, spritzing water on the colors and swiping my card stock through them. When the card stock was dry I ran the piece through the Tim Holtz's sun rays embossing folder. Then I sponged a little more darker ink over the background. I stamped the sunglasses from the Beach Unmounted sheet in three different colors, fussy cut them and adhered them to the card along with a saying from the Sentiments 3 Unmounted sheet. I just had to use google eyes on the glasses to make a fun card!

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great day! Stay cool!

Challenges entered:

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge:  Anything Goes

2 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

the google eyes sure does make it fun, and love the colors for the background, it sure says HOT!!

Tracy Freeman said...

This is so much fun !!! the eyes are just awesome.
Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge xxx

Blog Archive