Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog of card crafts. I am happy that you stopped by for a visit. I hope you can visit often. Have a wonderful and blessed day! "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and my soul knows right well." Psalm 139:14

Friday, October 27, 2017

Happy Halloween!

Hi Everyone! Halloween is almost here. Are you getting ready for those trick-or-treaters? I must say I miss the kids coming by. We live in a cul-de-sac and we don't get any kids in our neighborhood. Here is a Halloween card I made using brand new stamps from Just For Fun!


I made a bokeh background for this card by sponging on several colors of Distress inks, then laying a circle stencil on top and sponging on white pigment ink. I used the CJ-Canning Jar Wire Handle for my cauldron! When I first got my new stamps I immediately thought this was a cauldron but soon found out that it wasn't! I think it makes a good cauldron anyway! LOL! I stamped it and colored it in using a black Sharpie marker. I found some green Liquid Applique to add to the pot and I then added some clear Stickles glitter over it. The Witch Silhouette, Large was stamped in black beside the pot.

I hope you all have a very Happy Halloween!

Challenges entered:

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge:  Anything Goes
The House That Stamps Built:  Anything Goes 02517

6 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Amazing Halloween card, April!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Wow! This is stunning April. Love your cauldron overflowing with the green goop!! The bokeh background is so clever and makes the black witch just pop!

Heather said...

What a fabulous background! And I LOVE the goo boiling over the top of the cauldron; it looks awesome! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Conniecrafter said...

very cool bokeh background and I love the liquid applique coming out of the cauldron!

Wendy Bellino said...

I adore your groovy background and whatever is bubbling in that "cauldron" looks really creepy! What a clever use of the canning wire...I thought it was a cauldron too!

Tracy Freeman said...

This is fab, your background is awesome and that cauldron is just brilliant.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

Blog Archive